Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Arduino project

I know there are many genius out there. But when I look at people working on electricity, I think they are really smart! How come they know all circuits and make it work.
Now, I also want to learn about electricity and make some useful tools. So, I have tried to find people out there who willingly teach me and share their knowledge with free of charge. It seems like people in a remote control world are the best I found. However, I have to spend much money to participate in their meeting (i.e., buying stuff). But I can't afford that much money.

My adviser, Jeff, asked me to make some automated sampler for one equipment which we just purchase on August. This equipment is to measure dissolved carbon in water. Unfortunately, it takes long time to finish one sample. That's why he asked me to think or invent an automated tool. Now, I feel like I find my new hobby: Arduino. It is kind of small scale computer but more flexible and unlimited! And CHEAP!

My first Arduino main board!
So, this is Arduino main board. I am going to make a rotating valve on which many samples will be connected. The valve needs to communicate with computer and Arduino to ensure the timing of switching between samples with the measurement.

I can be hard,,very hard to me because I have no experience in computer language and electricity. But I am ready to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment