Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Conceptual Diagram

One of most respected scientists at University of Maryland Environmental Sciences is Walter Boynton, who has devoted almost entire his life to restore Chesapeake Bay. He emphasizes drawing conceptual diagrams so much, and I also draw a lot to clarify my research idea. One of examples is shown below and this is about nutrient cycle in estuary although it is not completed. It can be very complex but also simple depend on the purpose of diagram. I need full pictures of nutrient cycles because I want to estimate net ecosystem metabolism, which I want to talk in near future. In short, net ecosystem metabolism is a combination of 'plant' and 'animal' metabolism and it shows the balance of ecosystem by subtracting them each other.  
Conceptual diagram

No comments:

Post a Comment